Yard Waste Pick Up
Mondays, April 2 through April 30, 2018
You can purchase Yard Waste tags at the reception desk of the Township Offices from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Tags are $1.00 each. Pick up will be every Monday starting April 2 through April 30.
- Please have your yard waste near the curb by 6:00 am to assure pick up.
- Place a tag on each bag of leaves or bundle of branches. (No grass clippings, dirt, sod, cement, sand or rocks please).
- Please use 30 gallon plastic bags or paper yard waste bags. Sticks should be no longer than four feet in length and branches, logs and stumps are not to exceed one inch in diameter.
- Residents 62 years of age and older will receive 20 tags FREE per calendar year, per household.
This service is only available in the restricted burn area. The yard waste dumpsters will be available behind the Thornhills Fire Station on the following dates:
- April 20 - 22
- There will also be a 15 cubic yard container of finished compost. This material is free and is offered on a first come first serve basis. For more information, please call (616) 949-1500.
Note: If you have tags left over from last spring or fall and you intend to use them, please contact the Township Office so your address can be added to the pickup list.
Please Note: The curb side pickup and dumpsters are NOT for the disposal of Garlic Mustard. Please place Garlic Mustard in a separate, sealed bag and put it in your regular trash.
Clean Up Day
Saturday, May 19, 2018
ONE WAY ENTRY FROM ADA DRIVE, EXIT HALL DRIVE. Enter via Ada Drive near Alta Dale by Central Middle School.
Please Note: New date & location
FOR: Ada and Cascade Township residents. Identification is required to verify your residency within the townships of Ada or Cascade. If you live in Grand Rapids Township but your mailing address is Ada, you do not qualify.
WHEN: Saturday, May 19, 2018 from 8:00 am to 2:30 pm. Gates close sharply at 2:30.
WHERE: Forest Hills Central Middle School parking lot
WHAT: Non-hazardous household waste, appliances, scrap metal, electronics for recycling (computers, TV’s, etc.), household items for re-use, office paper for shredding.
NO YARD WASTE. You will need to use leaf pick-up day, your curb side service or other source for yards waste such as leaves, branches and brush.
NO HAZARDOUS MATERIAL such as paint (open & dried paint cans okay), cleaners, batteries, o hazardous material will be accepted.
SERVICES ON SITE:
Republic Services: For general trash and junk, appliances, scrap metal. No yard waste.
Salvation Army: For used or new household items such as furniture, kitchen items and clothes.
Donation receipts available.
Shred-It: For shedding of office paper, personal files and other documents. Up to 100 lbs. of personal sensitive documents.
Comprenew: For small electronic items such as computers, televisions and small appliances. (Large appliances are accepted by Republic Services.)
Please call Cascade Township (616) 949-1500 with questions.