2017 Construction Projects
There are a few major road and utility projects occurring in 2017 to be on the lookout for. They are as follows:
THORNAPPLE RIVER DR - ROAD CLOSURE TO BEGIN MONDAY, APRIL 10, 2017:
- Thornapple River Dr. (Cascade Rd. west to Mahesh Dr.) – Construction is scheduled to start Monday, April 10 and the road will be closed to thru traffic. The project includes construction of new sanitary sewer and water main as well as roadway reconstruction with minor widening of the shoulders. Construction is anticipated to take approximately 10 weeks. Construction area is Thornapple River Dr. from approximately 1000 feet west (south) of Cascade Rd. (near Tassell Park) to approximately 2,000 feet west (south) of Cascade Rd. (to approximately Mahesh Dr.)
- Intersection of Kraft/28th St. – This project includes widening the north side of 28th Street east and west of Kraft Avenue to provide a dual left-turn lane on 28th Street and right-turn lane extension west of Kraft Ave. Kraft Ave. will be widened north and south of 28th St. to accommodate dual left turns off 28th St. and provide dual through movements on Kraft Ave. north and south of 28th St. This work will start after July 4.
- Kraft Avenue Paving (28th to Burton St.) – 28th & Kraft Area Businesses: Here is the latest schedule update regarding the asphalt removal (cold-milling) and asphalt placement on Kraft Avenue north of 28th Street and south of Burton Street.
- The Contractor, Reith-Riley, is planning to begin the cold-milling work around midnight tonight. This will allow for the asphalt paving work to begin at approximately 6 AM on Saturday morning (May 13). With the early start, the Saturday paving work should be completed by early afternoon.
- Next week the Contractor will adjust the manhole castings to the final pavement grade to accommodate the top course of asphalt. Top course asphalt paving is planned to be done, 1 lane at a time, next week. We will update the website on what day this will occur, as soon as it is determined.
Back to What's Happening ...