The Township Board encourages attendance at Township Board meetings. Normally, the Township Board meets at the Cascade Library Wisner Center on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month. However, the meeting schedule may be adjusted from time to time due to conflicts with holidays. Further, special meetings of the Township Board may be called periodically to address particular issues or to conduct a joint meeting with another governing body or other Township advisory boards or commissions.
The Township Supervisor presides over meetings of the Township Board. When the Supervisor is absent, the Township Board will appoint one of its members to serve in this role. At each meeting of the Township Board an agenda of business to be conducted is prepared. Copies of the agenda are available inside the entrance of the Cascade Library Wisner Center. Citizens are welcome to address the Township Board on matters not on the Board agenda under the "public comments" section of the agenda. Otherwise, the Board will allow citizen comments during the public hearing portion of the meeting when the particular agenda item is open for public comment.
If you have a matter of concern it is suggested that you contact the appropriate department for assistance. Township staff may be able to address your concern quickly. If you are not satisfied with Township staff response or resolution, you can always address the Township Board on any matter of concern.
Suggestions for addressing the Township Board:
- Determine if your matter of concern is on the agenda or if it is properly brought up under "public comments."
- The Supervisor will ask for comments or citizen input for matters not on the agenda under "public comments." When this is announced, you may ask to be acknowledged by the Supervisor.
- Give your name and address (for the record) before speaking on your matter of concern.
- Speak directly to the Supervisor or whoever is chairing the meeting.
- State your concern clearly and succinctly. Be specific.
If you are interested in circulating a petition in your neighborhood for the placement of a water or sewer line, etc., you may obtain the petition form on line or at the Township offices. Once you have received the signatures, please return the petition to the Township offices and the item will be placed on the Township Board agenda for review.